Sunday, March 04, 2007

A Little Bit More Than Just The Wrestling Meet....

Wow.....Been a long time since I have gotten to be the only child. Its currently real close to 3 am and I just woke up. I feel asleep at about 8:30, I was worn out. I don't care if my mother is 52, that woman can go! But I did completely enjoy making her obey all of her doctors orders. Lots of water was imbibed, I had to forcefully remove a pretzel and wipe a little more (not much) than half. Even after the Mom dirty look of "I'm not fuckin with you." I laughed. I decided I would rather have that dirty look than not at all. She was a sport about that. Cat says I'm the only one brave enough to do it, but as Mom says, "I guess I made that choice to make you come into the doctor with me."

All of you who read this pretty much know our ups and downs, but in the end. She's my mom, the only one I got and at times she can be my biggest enemy but she still remains my biggest champion. She knew I needed this trip. Plus it's like hangin out with Gordy, expect no beers. She's a pretty funny lady, she has taught me some witty sayings, one from Grandpa Albert and One from Grandpa Bustamonte. "I couldn't win a free kiss in a whorehouse." and my personal fav, "I could fall in a barrel of tits and still come up sucking my thumb!" (I wish I could see Cat's face right now...HAAHHAAAHHAHA)

Catie stayed with Uncle Mike for the night, who is awesome. He saved the evening even though Catie actually called in full on brat mode and tried to convince me Mikey was chasing her through the house yelling at her and she could NOT get away from him. I died laughing at her. I think she called a minimum of 8 times Friday night.

We went to the pep assembly. That was weird.
ER kids are a scary bunch of kids. More than half of them are in that Emo stage and they are scary looking children. And there were no cheerleaders. That was crap.
But I got a few sweet pics of that and Justin getting his new coat, Andy was a brat and wouldn't talk to me.








Oh and I made my dad go back to the house for my blankie before we left town.
The trip there was uneventful, peaceful, chatting with mom and dad, watching mom be the sweetest backseat driver ever was hilarious. Dad was starving, and moms a brat and we ate at Cracker Barrel. Dad goes cuz he doesn't mind it, but he also knows mom pees to go to there. That is the #1 restaurant in America that I hate. But I sucked it up so we could have a nice lunch. Dad tried to check us into the hotel, but we were to early and it was packed so we wanted to make sure I got a roll away bed. After lunch it was about 2 pm and mom and I said, screw that we're gettin a room so we can go in the hot tub, and a bed. So plans were made, I was to suddenly act retarded in order for that to happen. I was being rainman. Dad was scared of us so he waited behind at the restaurant. We got everything we wanted and checked in early and went back for dad. Mom and I chilled in the hot tub for a bit, it was soooo relaxing.

We got to the arena and it was awesome. School colors blazing everywhere, the old cheerleader in me felt the buzz. The aura was awesome, the boys faces, so determined. We immediately got organized, found an inside warm smoking spot, which rocked, right outside the entrance in a bar/restaurant. Got our tickets and our food, and I got my cool new shirt you can see on Mom's blog. It says CHIN on the back too, I was proud. So we headed in. The music was sweet and the whole thing was just cool watching the parade of the first 8 schools. Heres our guys. 4 teams on each side and Brandon Robison captain for Eaton Rapids holding the American Flag.

And then it was time to huddle up, get pumped and kick some butt. And that is just what they did. Stomped Lakewood. It was beautiful. Justin's our brother too and if Coach would have put Andy in his pics would be right alongside. Justin pinned his opponent. He rocks.

When it was done the guys were in full spirit, Andy had to have new headgear because it was custom offered in the shop where I got my shirt. Dad asked Andy why he needed it, but at that point Andy coulda told him Osama Bin Laden blew his up and dad still woulda got it for him. He deserved it. This is Andy and Tully in the shop, check out Andys new Varsity coat.


After that we went out to dinner with a bunch of the parents, it was fun.The Robison's also have a son named Justin who has been in bands over the years and I know them VERY well.

Back to the hotel we tucked in and easily fell asleep. Had a yummy muffin with butter and some sausage for breakfast in our room and got ready for the day. It was slow goin at first. This was the next day, and the boys were lookin tired.

So yeah it blew and we lost. Andy tried to be a butthole to me, but he's still my baby bro and will still listen to his big sister, and he's the only one I know who lets me kiss his cheeks in public, still. In front of his friends.

We stopped at Taco Bell for some gourmet food in Charlotte on the way home and low and behold, its MIKEY!! With his whole band. He wanted to die, LMFAO...moms snapping pictures and hes screaming. SO I took one of mom and I loved it. She's gonna scream that she hates it, but she just looks happy to me.

Catie came home and we ordered a pizza for dinner, she played on the computer and I watched TV, puppies tucked in it was cozy. When I woke up she was asleep beside me, with the three dogs intertwined and I thought to myself, Im pretty lucky. So thanks mom and dad for taking me, thanks to Andy for making us so proud, thanks to you Cat for calling and laughing with me, and thanks to Mike for watching Catie and being a good sport.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mona said...

What a great description of our weekend........and yeah, I hate the picture! I know, I know, I deserve it for all the pics I take of you guys....but you are young and beautiful!

I had a wonderful time with you. You kept me laughing all weekend and I needed it as much as you did.

4:18 AM  
Blogger cupcakesandcoffee schwartz said...

This is your best blog/myspace/internet posting EVER! The picture of Mom is awesome and you are an awesome writer. Yes--I was cracking up laughing and tearing up all at the same time.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home